Controls Flexibility for Pool Ventilation
This unit was designed to provide fresh air ventilation for a modest-sized pool in Wisconsin. It was built for indoor installation and has a DX coil with controls by others. XeteX, however, provided straightforward analog controls for the blowers and the exchanger. This allowed XeteX to implement specialized energy recovery functions such as Frost Control, Economizer, and Summer Changeover, but it left the customer with the flexibility to use a controls contractor to configure the rest of the equipment on-site. The unit was therefore able to meet the specification without providing any superfluous components. And with an energy recovery rate as high as 82.6% under winter design conditions, it offers tremendous value to the customer.
- Model: PXHR–30G–36E–BP–CD
- Supply cfm: 3,700
- Exhaust cfm: 3,900
- Built: September, 2006
- Weight: 2,100 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 314 MBH (Winter) 34 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: –15 °F / 100% RH (Winter) 95 °F / 47% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Epoxy Coated Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger operates at 82.6% effectiveness under Winter Design Conditions and at 61% effectiveness in Summer.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Galvanized Steel Exterior, 22 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 1” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel.
- 12" FC DWDI Blowers are belt driven by TEFC, 3 hp, High Efficiency motors. The blowers are mounted on common frames with RIS Isolators and Flexible Duct Connections.
- A DX coil provides 10 Tons cooling (ACCU and DX controls by others).
- 2” MERV 8 filters on both outdoor and return airstreams protect the unit from debris.
- Face-and-Bypass and Outside Air Shutoff Dampers and Actuators are provided.
- Single Point Power Terminal Blocks, Main Disconnect, Protected Branch Circuits, and access to Frost Control, Economizer, and Summer Changeover functions are contained in an Electrical Panel.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.