Protecting Investment and Providing Comfort
Water parks and swimming pools are major facility investments in the hospitality and entertainment industry. Protecting this investment and ensuring the guests are comfortable are goals of the natatorium air handling (or management) systems. Using outdoor air is an excellent choice for dehumidification and for removal of chemical odors typically found in and around pool areas. Heating and cooling all this outdoor air, however, may be expensive.
Energy recovery ventilators provide fresh outdoor air ventilation while significantly reducing costly heating or cooling. XeteX Heat-X-Changer units transfer a large amount of energy (heat) from the exhaust air to incoming outdoor air.
This unit was installed to meet these goals. Located in central Wisconsin, it also includes an integral indirect gas fired heater. To resist corrosion from chlorination, the heat exchanger is epoxy coated and the other internal components are coated to ensure long equipment life.
- Model: PXHR–40–48–RT–BP–HI
- Supply cfm: 28,500(7,500Recirculated)
- Exhaust cfm: 21,000
- Built: August, 2002
- Weight: 14,000 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 630 MBH (Winter), 34 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: -20° F / 100% RH (Winter), 91° F / 48% RH (Summer)
- Model XLTTM–40–48 Epoxy Coated Aluminum, Flat Plate Heat Exchanger
- 40" Backward Inclined Wheel (Plenum) Blowers driven by NEMA Frame, TEFC, Premium Efficiency, Motors on Spring Isolated Frames
- Heavy Duty Double Wall with Enamel Painted Steel Exterior (16 ga) and Anti Corrosive Heresite Coated Aluminum Interior (22 ga), 2" Thick Fiberglass Insulated
- Complete with Motor Starters and Breakers; Fused Branch Circuits and Disconnect; and Single Point Power Connection
- Factory Installed Automated Controls—Economizer Mode, Frost Protection, and Seasonal Change Over
- 1,000 MBH Integral Indirect Natural Gas Fired Furnace
- 2" 30/30 Outside Air and Return Air Filters
- Configured for Outdoor installation
- Outside Air Shut-Off, Exhaust Air Shut-Off, Outside Air Face-and-Bypass, and Recirculation Dampers
- Stainless Steel Drain Pan